After Dad's Heart Attack

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Moving forward!

Yay! About five minutes before I was set to call Paula again, Mom called me and said Paula had come to speak with her to let her know that they are working on swallowing therapy and would have someone in by tomorrow for this! Hmm, I wonder why she didn't want to talk to me directly?

Also today (in addition to the promised physical therapy and time in the chair), Dad got a clear reading on the staph culture. So that's one step closer to rehab. Unfortunately, he didn't get his Metoprolo through his stomach tube last night--it was taking too long to get from the pharmacy (the pharmacist is digging in his heels about grinding it himself, I understand) and his blood pressure was beginning to head south, so they quickly gave it to him through his IV. So we still have that problem to solve.

Wouldn't it be funny if we set all of this up and then Dad ended up in rehab by Monday? I'd be laughing. And aren't you glad this entry is only ten sentences long?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home